You’re a qualified Yoga teacher (yay!), have started teaching and are ready to dive deeper into your study. You want to learn more about anatomy, understand some of the more common conditions you're seeing in class and are ready to take your Yoga business to the next level. Our postgraduate training has you covered.
150hr Postgraduate Teacher Training
Delivered as a combination of online and face-to-face learning, our postgraduate training is broken down into three subjects:
- Applied functional anatomy (16 sessions)
- Design & modify classes (8 sessions)
- The Business Savvy Yoga Teacher (6 sessions)
Applied functional anatomy
Taught by AYME’s co-founder & director, Kaye Tribe and Yoga Therapist Gina Macauley, this subject guides you into a deeper understanding of functional anatomy and how it relates to Yoga asana.
You’ll learn to identify the unique structures of your students and how to help them find their own sense of centre and ground, effort and ease, sthira and sukham. You'll get those burning anatomy questions answered and dive into:
- The vertebral column
- Thoracic spine & breathing
- Pelvis, hips & knees
- Shoulder girdle
- Ankle and foot
By the end of this module you will:
- have a deeper understanding of what’s going on for your students in a variety of poses
- improve your observational skills
- feel more confident in teaching diverse body types
- know your Humerus from your Fibular
- begin to grasp the more complex mechanics of the human body; and
- have a wealth of material to try in your classes!
This module is 63 hours face-to-face & 23 hours of online study.
design & modify classes
Taught by a range of teachers who are specialists in their field, this module is ideal for those looking to expand their knowledge and feel more confident in teaching a variety of body types and health conditions.
Over 8 sessions you will:
- Explore the appropriate use of props and how to support your students in certain poses.
- Learn about common spinal conditions including Scoliosis, Spondylitis and Spondylithesis.
- Improve your knowledge of the Pelvis and Sacroiliac Joint and how to cue effectively to support your students’ safety and avoid injury.
- Explore appropriate practices for different ages and phases of life.
- Learn how to teach restorative Yoga and encourage some of your more resistant students who may need it most!
This module is 24 hours face-to-face and 12 hours of online learning.
the business savvy yoga teacher
Taught by AYME’s co-founder and director, Claire Nettley, the Business Savvy Yoga Teacher combines Claire’s teaching knowledge with her 20+ year background in the corporate sector. Claire walks you through the foundations and fundamentals of running a successful Yoga business and what it means to be a professional in the Yoga industry.
This module will help you to:
- feel more confident about promoting yourself (yes, it is possible)
- get clear on what it is you have to offer and how to communicate that
- identify your tribe and the right channels to use for your marketing
- know how to put an appropriate value on what you do
- create a clear plan of action; and
- feel less yukky about marketing and money in general.
Runs over 18 hours of face-to-face and 10 hours of online learning.
More questions? Contact us or click the button below to secure your place now.
$3800* + GST.
*$3500+GST earlybird (before July 20)
Classes run on Sundays from 8.30-5 on the following dates:
- September 2nd, 16th & 30th
- October 21
- November 11, 25th
- February 10th & 24th
- March 10th & 24th
- April 14 & 28
- May 12 & 26
- June 9th